Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Holding the Laceys in the Light

I recently received heartbreaking news from my friend Patrick Lacey, whom I blogged with awhile back about homemaking, that his brother James was killed in a car accident.  Patrick was headed to Philadelphia this weekend for a visit, but instead is making his way back to Indiana to be with his family.  Patrick's father, Paul, was one of my and Julie's English professors at Earlham College (now retired), and is currently the Clerk of the American Friends Service Committee.  I don't know Patrick's mother, who is a writer and homemaker as I understand it, or his sister, who is also an English professor at Earlham, but I am holding them in the light, along with Patrick and Paul, and of course James.  I hope you will too.  

Patrick has written a beautiful tribute to James on his blog, Loose Ends.  I didn't know James, but feel like I do at least a little bit after reading Patrick's blog.  He sounds like he was a very special guy.  


1 comment:

Kate Haas said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this.